Happy Sensations

I dream of a happy place Because I am happy I stare off in the sky's blues I look into the stars of the night I bask in the light ...

Tumbler - December 13, 2016 at 11:12AM


nycparkscommissioner: Last week I had the amazing opportunity to check out the RecYouth Fall Digital Media Showcase where teens from across the five boroughs presented tech, video, graphic design, game design, and audio projects that they produced while attending our Computer Resource Center classes this season. This year alone, more than 1,400 teens participated in our workshops, creating productions in digital media and in technology innovation. And this year I was honored to have been asked to present the first ever Commissioner’s Photography Award to one of the teen participants. But the talent pool was so good that I couldn’t just select one winner, so I decided to present an Honorable Mention Award. It was such a great experience to see that the next generation of New Yorkers are stepping into their capacity to lead and I am certainly looking forward to seeing their continued work and progress. Great!

No comments