Happy Sensations

I dream of a happy place Because I am happy I stare off in the sky's blues I look into the stars of the night I bask in the light ...

Something I Would Like To Say...


After listening to my own music jukebox there on the side of the blog, I decided I need to remark on one of the song choices..."Man's Road" - America (song number 4)


This song means a lot to me on many levels.


As a child, this was one of the happiest moments I had as a child. I would go and visit my father and watch a movie called "The Last Unicorn." This song is one of the many good ongs in the movie. This movie is in the fantasy genre and came on when HBO used to be one of the ONLY cable stations that played movies...and there was only 1 HBO. I used to sit with my father and my sister and by happy, but sad at the same time knowing the weekend would be ending soon and I would have to go home. Not that I didn't like home, but I did miss my dad :-)


The other level was that as I got older and life happened to me, I got to listen to this song again after looking around for music. Without the cartoon to go with it, the song took a whole new meaning for me. You see, as a child I heard the words, but I never really listened nor understood what was being said. As an adult, I have taken a whole new meaning from this song.


My new feeling for this song is no less powerful, or any more or less sad. I at times feel tired and weary...walking through life...in actuality, I was sitting on the train coming from work (ha...listening to this song as a child...who'd have thought I would be doing the daily grind) and I was thinking about money...then I thought to myself, "Self, why do I need money?"


To live...

Why?

Because you need heat and food and electricity to see...and you need a phone to communicate and you need...

But why do you need these things?

To live...

So you live to make money so you can live....to make more money...so you can live?

Yes...

Self?

Yes?

That doesn't seem like much living...

I know...


So yes..this song has taken on a new meaning to me. I can appreciate the times my father fell asleep during movies on our visits, I can understand why he couldn't see us whenever he and we wanted...

Horizon
rising
up to meet the purple dawn
Dust demon
screaming,
bring an eagle to lead me on
For in my heart I carry such a
heavy load
Here I am on Man's road,
walking Man's road,
walking Man's road

I'm hungry,
weary,
but I cannot lay me down
The rain comes,
dreary,
but there's no shelter I have found
It will be a long time till I find
my abode
Here I am on Man's road,
walking Man's road


Moon rising,
disguising lonely streets in gay displays
The stars fade,
the night shade
falls and makes the world afraid
It waits in silence for the sky
to explode
Here I am on Man's road,
walking Man's road,
walking Man's road
Walking Man's road,
walking Man's road,
walking Man's road ...

No comments