Happy Sensations

I dream of a happy place Because I am happy I stare off in the sky's blues I look into the stars of the night I bask in the light ...

They Drew First Blood...



Now I know this may come as a surprise...but I just saw Rambo: First Blood for the first time... I am 26 and I have never seen this movie until tonight. I must say, the first part of the movie was not the greatest in the world. I sat through it because I like explosions and I like assholes getting what they deserve. The best part of the movie was the end. The speech, if you can call it that, by Silvester Stallone actually made me cry...yeah okay I cried watching Rambo.



The reason why? I cried because there were so many men who went to Vietnam and came back so messed up in the head. They came from a place where you made friends just to watch them die. A place where kids, women, men, elderly...anyone could be your enemy and one false judgment or hesitation meant you weren't coming home. They came home to a country who looked at them and blamed them for a war it's people did not agree with. Then they were expected to go about life as though nothing happened.

Though man people to poke fun at Stallone's particular speech partern, it actually added to the feeling and the desperation John Rambo felt...his confusion and exasperation...I liked it...



I am glad I didn't see it when I was a kid...I don't think I would have appreciated it as much..

No comments