Happy Sensations

I dream of a happy place Because I am happy I stare off in the sky's blues I look into the stars of the night I bask in the light ...

Generous, Thoughtful, Altruistic...and more!

Dang it man...! Let me tell you how I just got jacked for my $25.00 bike...

I found a bike beside my doorway on the way out..I left it in the hallway..(this is like two weeks ago). When I got back home, the bike was still there. So I brought it inside and left a note to say it was inside the apartment. (Actually I am fuzzy on the order of events) So days go by and no one had taken or asked for the bike. I had taken the sign down the next day though. I had to go to work and I didn't want EVERYONE knowing I had a bike in the apartment.

Here I am thinking I have a cool new bike that one of two people left me. Now we speed up to this week. I take the bike to a shop and spend $25.00 and a race against time to get the brakes fixed. I road the bike a total of ONE day!! I go to the park today with the kids and some other kid comes to me and tells me I have his friend's bike! After much questioning of him and his friend, it turns out her brother sat it in the hallway by my door (I guess thinking no one would see it) and didn't come back to get it. By the time they got to it, I had it and the sign was down so they didn't know where it was...

I am a little bit discouraged, cuz I liked the bike and spent money on it. I could have said no, but the look on her face when I told her I had fixed her brakes..she looked like that was the end of it, and she thought she had NO chance of getting her bike back. Now most of those kids knew my kids and I am not a mean person. Once I gave her the bike back, she even asked if I wanted to keep riding it. I told her no. Turns out her bike is like a neighborhood bike. She lets all the kids who don't have bikes of their own take turns riding it....

Dang on kids...

No comments