Happy Sensations

I dream of a happy place Because I am happy I stare off in the sky's blues I look into the stars of the night I bask in the light ...

The Many Stories of Finard I. Nathaniel

Chapter 2
Why Knowledge and Exploration Are Key to Discovery
Or
Ants On Auntie’s Cake

Marge and Fin made their way down a large and steep green grassy hill. Fin’s wheels were turning in his head which made Marge uneasy.

“Whatcha thinking about Fin?” asked Marge.

“Well I was thinking about how fantabulous this day will be!” replied Fin.

“Oh,” said Marge. “Do you think we will be getting into trouble today?” she asked in her most nonchalant manner as they walked in the grass. It looked like a long way to the bottom.

“Hmmm…,” said Fin, “Why would you ask that?”

“Well, Fin,” she began, “I like being around you, and I like being your friend, but more times than not, I get into some kinda trouble whenever we go somewhere. It’s been like that since we were kids.”

Marge looked at the ground as she spoke. She did not want to see the look on Fin’s face as she told him what was on her mind. She and Fin had been friends since they were two years old, and she knew he would be smiling at her as he said…

“Marge! I am hurt! Why would I ever get you in trouble? I am only in the pursuit of knowledge and exploration!”

Marge’s head shot up. “Knowledge and exploration??! Tell me Fin. What does letting loose a jar of ants on your aunt’s picnic table have to do with knowledge and exploration!!?”

Fin took in a breath. He usually did this when he was about to explain something he felt was fundamentally obvious to someone who may not be fundamentally too bright.

“If one ant can lift up to ten times its body weight, imagine what a whole JAR of ants could do…?” he explained.

“But Fin,” Marge protested, “how could the ants lift it if they were too busy EATING it!! Your aunt had a fit and the party cake was ruined!”

Fin shook his head. “I know.” he sighed, “My whole experiment went the way of the broom and the bottom of fine quality women’s shoes…”

“Fin?” said Marge.

“Yes.” replied Fin.

“Are you going to be getting me in trouble today?”

No comments