Happy Sensations

I dream of a happy place Because I am happy I stare off in the sky's blues I look into the stars of the night I bask in the light ...

Flowers


Flowers.
What's the big deal? You buy them from the stand, the little shop you
saw on the way home, the Internet.... Then you take them over to the
intended (or have them delivered with a card). The person looks at
them, says thank you, then has to find a place for them.

Flowers are temporary beauty once taken out of the ground and wrapped
up ready for you to buy/recieve them.

I for one do not like flowers as a gift.

First, they smell like grass. I have never smelled a flower that has
the fragrance the stories speak of. I am probably just not smelling
the right flowers.

Second, I don't want something you picked up at the gas station for 5
bucks. I am not into expensive gifts, but if it's gonna cost five
dollars at least put some thought onto it.

Third, and most important, I don't want something that is supposed to
show how much you love and appreciate me...and then it starts to wilt
be die in a matter of a few days. No matter what you do, no matter
what type of horticulturist you may be, a picked flower will
eventually die. I am not a horticulturist. It will be dying. Soon.

Now those who really knows enough to want to get me flowers know this.

To avoid problems, my preferrence is a small plant (or large). Here's
why...

A plant will stay alive. If you pick a plant that fits my lifestyle
(am I able to water it all the time, does the plant require lots of
attention, does it need lots of sun...), it shows me you care. If you
give me a plant, it represents the growing of our friendship/
relationship. As long as I take care of it, it will grow as much as
it can. This means much more to me than a pretty little soon to be
dead flower...unless that is the message you intended...

Peace

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:27 PM

    Hmm a healthy debate.....I'm still going to get you some roses...365.25 of them. so that you can have one every day. Now what...do i not love you everyday....YEP BOOOOOOYAAAHBABY.

    -Makko

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL..well thanks for all 365...and .25 of em.. ;-)

    ReplyDelete