Happy Sensations

I dream of a happy place Because I am happy I stare off in the sky's blues I look into the stars of the night I bask in the light ...

Words

Feelings wash over me in tides of emotions.
I'm not sure if this is a phase.
Full, half, quarter...
I look to bodies that wink at me during the night
and I give hope from the basket of my heart overflowing at times
empty at others
Father Time grants me the vision to imagine my future.
The roads takes me down many turns and I think
"Which do I choose Father?"

Grey sheets cover me as I walk
I try to see through them to the sunlight ahead
and between those gaps, those moments
I see a light
I see two lights
I see three and then four
and as more enter my sight
I know they are always there
even when I feel smothered by my dark obstructions

Throw care to the wind they say
Make lemonade they quote
Look at the sliver lining they state

My book has lines filled with sayings that mean nothing as they stare
back at me from pages 3-60

I savor this wine while riding the subway
A 40 min sip of time granted once in the morning and once in the
evening.

Is it too early to be drunk from ones own mind?


Peace

No comments