Happy Sensations

I dream of a happy place Because I am happy I stare off in the sky's blues I look into the stars of the night I bask in the light ...

Such "Great" Service

My newest adventure in how customer service has "improved"

Victor:    Hello! Thank you for choosing Road Runner Internet technical Chat. My name is Victor. How may I assist you?
Metah4:    I was trying to find out why my upload speed is so low
Victor:    I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.
Victor:    I will surely assist you with your low upload speed issue.
Victor:    Please allow me a moment to pull your account and check the modem status.
Metah4:    ok
Victor:    Metah4,the modem status seems to be fine.
Victor:    http://speedtest.nyc.rr.com/
Victor:    Please click on the above link and run the speed test.
Victor:    Let me know what speeds you are getting.
Metah4:    I went to that site as well as to others...the speed test download seems to give me about 17-19Mps...the download is consistently .49Mps
Victor:    You mean you are getting 0.49 Mbps as the Upload speed, am I correct?
Metah4:    upload sorry
Victor:    0.49 Mbps is excellent speed according to your speed package.
Metah4:    and that is?
Victor:    According to the package you are subscribed to RR Standard service.
Victor:    In Standard you are supposed to get maximum download speed of 10Mbps and 0.5Mbps Upload speed.
Victor:    Were you not aware of that?
Metah4:    Everywhere I looked, I couldn't find the Upload speed..just the DL...
Metah4:    I wanted to find out before I called/IM'ed you
Victor:    I just provided the information to you. You were supposed to get 10Mbps download and 0.5Mbps Upload speed.
Victor:    And you are getting 0.49Mbps upload which is perfect.

Metah4:    My explaination was in response to me being aware of my upload speed, which I was NOT until I was told by you just now...with that new information I was JUST given..yes, I am NOW aware...I was NOT before...
Metah4:    Thank you for your polite customer service - PLACE DRIPPING SARCASM HERE
Victor:    I am sorry to know about that. I am glad that I could provide you the right information.
Victor:    I will mail you the chat script so that you can refer to any information provided in this chat.
Metah4:    oh I will...thank you.. - REFERENCE MADE IN BLOG NOW (THANK YOU!)
Victor:    You are most welcome!
Victor:    Is there anything else I may assist you with?
Metah4:    No..you have done enough. PLACE DRIPPING SARCASM HEREVictor:    It was a pleasure to assist you today!
Victor:    You can always visit http://help.rr.com for online FAQs to get more help and knowledge about the products and services offered by Road Runner.
Victor:    Thank you for contacting Road Runner technical support, again my name is Victor, we value you as a customer.
Victor:    Analyst has closed chat and left the room


I would like to commend Time Warner on making it easy to find the upload speed.  I was able to find the download speed with no problem. it's advertised EVERYWHERE!! Not so much with the upload speed.

No comments