Happy Sensations

I dream of a happy place Because I am happy I stare off in the sky's blues I look into the stars of the night I bask in the light ...

All Work And No Play...

As a kid, I wanted the dad, Jack, to be a good father gone loco from cabin fever or ghostly posession. I wanted him to be a dude who just got messed up by the house...
As I got older, I realised Jack was always an asshole from the time before he even got into the hotel. He was an alchoholic who more than likely was verbally abusive until his drinking caught up with him and caused him to injure his son...
One could say he got what he deserved in the end...since he had been terrorizing his family even before the "possession and/or cabin fever."
Its almost like a Street Car Named Desire...but not...lmao
Everything that happens comes to it opening when he has a conversation with the butler who explains how he needs to "correct" his family. Jack seems to already have underlying issues with his "authority" and his family, but we don't see what happens before he gets the job, we only see his progressive decline as he goes nuts...
The subtext of abuse is throughout the movie. The supernatural aspect gives it that "other forces caused the misery" feel...but WE know better...Jack was wack way before he got his case of cabin fever possession...lmao

No comments