Happy Sensations

I dream of a happy place Because I am happy I stare off in the sky's blues I look into the stars of the night I bask in the light ...

Transcend

It was the aftermath.  The end of the world as they knew it.  I felt fine. I wasn’t going to run around and spend all my money on cars and such.  I kept on going as though there was nothing wrong.  Well, not totally.  I DID call up my family and chat with them.  I figured if this truly was the end of the world, I should probably say a thing or three.

The world was at its wits end.  The news told us that we shouldn’t panic, which is what everyone did of course.

So when it happened…and everything turned to ash, I was fine.  I didn’t cry. I didn’t sulk.  I just carried on as I always did.

I have come to realize that though the earth has been here for many many thousand of years...millions to be exact, there have been many worlds. Humans, Animals, Dinosaurs…and countless more.  I myself only hail from a world only a few million years old itself.  Well a few million before the dinosaurs.

I have seen devastation and annihilation.  I have seen kill or be killed...I have seen kill just because…and through all of this I wonder which world I missed more.  I can tell you, I don’t miss humans.  Humans have done the most damage to the Earth.  I have never seen another world do as much damage.  The humans not only killed each other but killed the beings around them.  They had no regard for anyone and if you got in their way, they would destroy you like every other resource on the planet.

I mean good grief.  You would think they would have more respect for their home.

But anyway, back to what I was saying.  These worlds have gone through the Earth’s cycles many times.  They live out their time and then it’s on to the next.

I think the humans wouldn’t have had so much trouble with the end if they knew that nothing lasts forever.  The worst and the best will have its ending.  Knowing that there will be life beyond that is what is key.  And no, I am not an angel writing about life after death.  I am just a passerby now. My time passed.  I became this because I accepted that life was not something to covet and selfishly think I was in control of. After that, I died.  Yeah, I know…but when I woke up I was something new…and then again...I woke up and I was something new…and again…

I have learned a lot in my traveling through worlds. I have seen the Earth change. I have seen the beings change. I will say one thing though.  As much as I am not a fan of the human race, there was one thing I did respect.  The reason why humans had such a hard time going wasn’t because of their greed, or even the need for control.  For the majority it was their love.  It was knowing they would never see their loved ones again, their children, husbands, wives, their pets…everything. This is what I never experienced in my other forms.  The intense love humans could have for things...even in the face of all of the destruction they left behind.

Love is what kept them bonded and even as base as they were, I think love was their best quality.  Love is what transcended all of the evil they were capable of. Even the most horrible dictator could be brought to his knees by a threat to his family or wreak the most horrible vengeance for.

With this love of something other than themselves, the human race out did itself in many areas. I for one could only harbor a fraction of this emotion since I was not truly human.  Quite a few beings were not truly human and passed through like I do.  Most humans can detect them, but can’t put their finger on it.

Well, here we are. At the ending of another world here on Earth.  I have been waiting for the next one to develop.  There have been a few flutters here and there…promising flickers.  I know those flickers.  I know those flickers by the feeling I get whenever I pass through one of them.  It’s the same feeling one gets when you see your favorite uncle, or come home to your dog or cat.  It’s that feeling of warmth when you find out it’s a girl...or a boy after trying for many years.  It’s that tingle when they hold your hand on the 29th date….It’s love. And yes, I am overjoyed at the fact that of all the things to survive the previous world, this was what was passed on.

The humans always made songs about love and how it lasts forever.  How it was strong. How it keeps you holding on.  I don’t think they knew how right they were.  Maybe now they won’t be known as an era of destruction.  Maybe the next scientists in the next world will have a new theory on life as THEY know it. No Big Bang, No Adam and Eve…just the power of love and how anything is possible with it…if we just let go of all else, great things can grow from it.

I for one can’t wait.

2 comments:

  1. catherineD7:12 PM

    I like it. Really thoughtful. But I'm ready for you to take it to the next level! Decide if you want to write a variation of Chicken Soup for the Soul - wise short stories with a message - or if it's time to take that step into beginning a sci-fi novel! (I'm rooting for the novel! lol) (You might also want to look into fanfiction.net as another place to find readers - most is fanfiction, but Natalie's begun a novel there under Miscellaneous and most readers have no problem with that.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm I am still not sure..I think these 30 min requests from my sis will help figure out where my strengths are...and where I want to fit in...

    I kinda wrote this one as a pick me up...had some bad news and I think I wanted to send her something that wasn't blatant in it's happy message and still in my nature of weird..LOL

    Thanks for the input! I am glad you liked it...them more feedback (good or bad) the better!

    ReplyDelete