Happy Sensations

I dream of a happy place Because I am happy I stare off in the sky's blues I look into the stars of the night I bask in the light ...

How Are Ear Infections Treated?

What I found out about Ear Infections (if I were a kid)...turns out I have been doing the right thing by me and my son..(he gets em too...been awhile for him though)

EAR INFECTIONS

How Are Ear Infections Treated?

Acetaminophen or ibuprofen are effective pain relievers for ear pain. You can safely use both medications together if one alone is not enough. Click on each medication for dosage. (Did that this morning)

Warm compress – apply a warm washcloth to the ear. (I should do this, but I'm at work)

Warm olive oil, vegetable oil, or garlic oil – put several drops of one of these into the ear. MAKE SURE THE OIL ISN’T TOO HOT. (Did that this morning AND about 10 min ago)

Anesthetic eardrops – if the above remedies aren’t enough, these are available by prescription and can numb the eardrum to minimize the pain for an hour or two. (Don't know if I need that)

WARNING – if you see any liquid or pus draining out of the ear, DO NOT PUT ANY OF THE ABOVE DROPS INTO THE EAR. See below under ear drainage.

No comments