Happy Sensations

I dream of a happy place Because I am happy I stare off in the sky's blues I look into the stars of the night I bask in the light ...

My Girls

She wished there was silence sometimes. The noises were always overwhelming. She sighed. One day it would stop and she would finally be able to get rest.

Nancy never stopped hearing the sounds. “I wish she would just die” “Ugh, he is so fat.” “Won’t this guy ever stop talking” The thoughts were always there. They were always invading her own thoughts. She had yet to learn how to block them. There were times she thought maybe putting a bullet there would be the best way to get rid of them. Replace the sound with metal.

No one knows what she deals with. She has her own private hell…GET OUT! But the voices, the thoughts are always there.

She comes home from her long day and she meditates. It seems as though focusing on other things helps. She focuses on her breathing. She focuses on her heartbeat. It helps. But when she is finished and comes out of her world, the sounds are back. The thoughts are back.

“I would love to feel her throat in my hands” Nancy stops in her tracks. She is walking down the street trying her best to block the thoughts from her mind, but this one comes in loud and clear. “I would love to feel her throat in my hands.” Nancy spins around. She looks in the crowded street to find a face for the thought, but how can she? How can a person look the way they think? “Her panic is fueling me. I bet she doesn’t even know.” Now Nancy tried to calm herself. Who was this person talking about? Who was this person looking at? “I wonder if she understands how long I have wanted to make her one of my girls. How much I have wanted to grasp her and hurt her?” Nancy can’t believe what she is hearing! Has she stumbled on someone’s plot to kill? What if she can’t find them, and if she did, how could she stop them? Nancy combed the street, pacing back and forth. Her range of thought catching wasn’t incredibly wide and whoever this person was must be near. “I see her now. Her long brown hair. Her yellow coat. Her red shoes. Her eyes open wide…I will have her. I will have her...NOW!”

“NOOOOOO!!! YOU CAN’T! YOU CAN'T DO THIS!” She screams into to the street.

People around her stop in their tracks. They stare at Nancy. People try to walk around her as they pass her by.

Nancy looks around with tears in her eyes. As she helplessly looks for an answer, she comes across a young man reading a book on a bus stop bench. On the cover is a young woman with brown hair, a yellow coat, and red shoes. She seemed to be running from something. Her face is a pure expression of terror. The title reads “My Girls.”

2 comments:

  1. catherineD2:19 PM

    Nice twist! I can really see this being part of a bigger novel. Like the idea of getting much more deeply into the difficulties of being able to hear thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My sister begged me 20 minutes before it was time to leave from work...she was bored at work and wanted something to read..LOL

    Thanks for the input... I figure if I make enough short ones, I can pick the one that has the most promise..LOL!

    ReplyDelete