Happy Sensations

I dream of a happy place Because I am happy I stare off in the sky's blues I look into the stars of the night I bask in the light ...

Bump In The Night

Think dark. Think dark night and mist. If you have an image of a low budget scary movie, that would be just about the right picture for our setting. Throw in a really spooky house on the top of a hill with some scraggly trees, and you would be all set.

The house on this hill was not supposed to be haunted or have ghastly ghouls hanging in the halls or rafter, but what is supposed to be and what is, sometimes those are totally different things. The ghosts and ghastlies are there and the roam around freely.

I bet you think this story is about a haunted house on a hill and some ghostly wails or even a few missing dead folks. Well it isn’t. This is the story of something even more horrific. Something that makes one’s hairs stand on end. Something that makes you want to turn on all of the lights before you get up to use the bathroom.

Or maybe not.


Have you ever wondered why ghosts come about? Some say they have unfinished business. Some say they are here to look after loved ones, or take revenge. The plain truth is that ghosts are what they are. Images of those who have passed on…or not.

So now we get to what this story is about. The truth. I found out the truth about a week ago and wished I had never asked. I found out the truth and if I could have run, I would have, but I was too scared. I sat through and listened to the whole entire explanation and then promptly went home and turned on all of my lights.

You see, the ghosts you hear about aren’t the ones you should be afraid of. It’s the beings you don’t that should send you cowering in the corner. It’s the ones you thought you saw, but shake your head and pretend it was a cat, or a leaf, or a bug, or whatever keeps your mind hinged. Because if you really knew what it was, you would never come outside…EVER.

These beings…they aren’t ghosts and ghouls…they are demons and creatures. They have been here for much longer than you or I…or humanity for that matter. They slink in the dark places and posses people of weak will. The challenge is getting the people who are strong. They love nothing more than to make them crack under pressure and if that doesn’t work, well…you listen to the news right? People killing their babies, neighbors slaughtering their neighbor’s kids, people shooting and eating others, bombs going off in public places. The news will tell you there was nothing wrong with the person before hand. That they were totally normal, like you or me. Then one day…they snap. It’s not that they snap. These creatures have been working on them for a long time. They just don’t sense it. The weak humans…they sense it. They are the ones that seem like oddballs before they go nuts.

When I was told about this, I thought to myself, I would never do anything like that. Why would I want to kill or hurt someone? Those people are just screwy to begin with. Until I was told...until I was told…about…where they are…and where they hide…why they are here.

The creatures are inside of ALL of us. We each get one as soon as we are born. They wait in hospitals where death roams and move from one body to the next. That hallway chill isn’t just the AC. Once they occupy a body, their sole purpose is to corrupt. They will place any thought of violence, vengeance…malice in your mind. Most of us have evolved and build barricades against these suggestions. Some of us have not.

These creatures are only able to escape a human body at night and when they do, they wreak their own havoc in the world. Count yourself lucky that you have not come upon one. Remember that story about the man who was killing women in Central Park. Not so...those unlucky women stumbled upon something they should have never encountered. Drooling fangs, long nailed fingers, wings of a bat, fur of a beast…who knows for sure. I would never want to see that myself.

The part that scared me the most would be the fact that at any time, your neighbor could decide he needs a snack and be knocking at YOUR door! Why? Because a demon creature told him to. This is something that is hidden in us all. This is something that comes out at night. This is something you may wake up to see in the middle of the night as you go to the bathroom.

I for one wish I had never found out. I for one wish I never knew.

I would say stay inside and hide, but how do you hide from yourself?

No comments