Happy Sensations

I dream of a happy place Because I am happy I stare off in the sky's blues I look into the stars of the night I bask in the light ...

Oh yes folks, here it is...my favorite Decade! Since I will not suphect you to 80 days of 80's (oh how I would love to), I will hone it down to 8 (poo!...

So today I start with Simple Minds - Don't You Forget About Me...
And why might you ask..well I LOVE the movie Breakfast Club with the "Brat Pack"!!!









Judd Nelson .... John Bender

Anthony Michael Hall .... Brian Ralph Johnson

Emilio Estevez .... Andrew 'Andy' Clark

Molly Ringwald .... Claire Standish

Ally Sheedy .... Allison Reynolds


Just about the whole crew there!!

Now the secondary and more touching reason why I love this song...
(Okay this is the part where I open a piece of myself to you and you get to peek in)

One day my father took me and my sis (yes I have a sis) to a karayoke bar/restaurant thingie...
Well the agreement was if he sings a song, then me and sis would get up and do one too...
So up he got and sang the whole song you hear here today...
and ofcourse after seeing him do that...
Me and sis chose not to get up..LOL

So this song has made it toward the top of my "8 Days of 80's" song list...
And no...these songs will not be in any type of favorite order..I like to many 80's songs to narrow it down to 8..WHAT ARE YOU NUTS!!!???

Claire Standish: Well, you wouldn't know, you don't even know any of us.
John Bender: Well, I don't know any lepers, but I'm not going to run out and join one of their fucking clubs.

No comments