Happy Sensations

I dream of a happy place Because I am happy I stare off in the sky's blues I look into the stars of the night I bask in the light ...

Where Were You...?


Yes, I too have a memory of 9-11. Though maybe not as eventful as most others. I do not know of anyone personally that passed in the wreckage. I was not standing in the streets as debri fell from the sky. Mine is a tale of disbelief and shock.

I was nursing my son when I got that all to familiar phrase you hear in most of the tales...."Look, someone just flew a plane into the World Trade Center!!!"

I thought it was a joke...or...I dunno what I thought it was. When I think back, I wonder "Why the hell would that be a friggin joke..."

Maybe a week or so before, so french dude hang glided into the Statue of Liberty. Maybe that's the only thing my mind could grasp on to.

I had been using the PATH train every summer and in between to visit family and what not for as long as I could remember. I even went swing dancing in one of the towers. Me, my sis, and a few friends...No more.

"What?! No Way!...."
"No seriously..come and see!!!"

I gathered up my son and walked into the room where the TV was..and there is was..smoke, fire, and peices of paper...

Then right before my very eyes...Poof!!! I saw another explosion of smoke...I say poof because the news channel I was watching wasn't angled toward the other Tower...All I saw was a puff of grey, white, and firey orange...

I don't think I have ever really grasped the magnatude of the attack until this year...after watching it with my little ones and trying to explain what happened, tears streamed down my face. Tears that took 5 years to come. Seeing footage I had no time for until now.

I am not a political person. I know our government is crooked. I know other countries look at us like kids with guns. I know we have stuck our noses where they don't belong...but I finally had the time to soak in the events that took place that day...I had to explain to my little babies..my innocent wide eyes babies..that there are people in this world that hate sooo much, they would kill thousands of people to make it known. That there are people in this world that are so wrapped up in their cause...they would murder mommies, and daddies, and aunties, and cousins. We watched as people told their stories of how they lost a loved one...of how they talked to them and told them to escape...Of how one mother remembered her daughter telling her to take care of her son...and that was the last thing ever said...

And I felt the tears fall down my cheeks...

My son asked me "Mommy, are you crying?"
and I said "Yes..I am..."
"Why are you crying mommy?"

"I am crying because ther are mean people in this world who do mean things...and it makes me sad."

"It makes me sad too mommy."

No comments