Happy Sensations

I dream of a happy place Because I am happy I stare off in the sky's blues I look into the stars of the night I bask in the light ...

The Night of The Hunter


WOW Turner Classic Movies is an excellent channel!

I just got finished watching this movie staring Robert Mitchum as a religious psychopath who finds out about a man's secret and decided to terrorize the man's kids to discover it... I won't tell much more. If you ever get to see this movie, you can sit back and appreciate it more if you understand that in 1955, movies like this were not widely accepted by the public. You will recognize many of the movies that took their premise from this one. The sad thing is that the director, Charles Laughton, decided to never make movies again because of the poor reception. I think that was a damn shame!! This movie was ahead of it's time for sure. If you liked Cape Fear, you'll appreciate this movie. Also remember that the subject matter involved was a VERY risky jump for Charles Laughton.

Make sure to watch the Black and White...it looks like it may be in color too...but the sinister feel is beter in Black and White..


No comments