Happy Sensations

I dream of a happy place Because I am happy I stare off in the sky's blues I look into the stars of the night I bask in the light ...

Oh My Eye!!!


My eye has been going spastic lately...making me look like I have some type of mental imbalance or something...geez!!

So I went online (Google) and looked up "what causes eye twitching" and got a nice link. Pretty much I am under stress, over-tired, and work too long on computers...actually those were the three biggest causes and I have all three...DANG!

from eyecaresource.com:


Preventative measures are important. Since stress causes almost all muscle problems, including blepharospasm, to worsen, it is important to minimize and avoid stress. Whether this means embarking upon stress management through cognitive therapy, occupational therapy, or other types of group therapy or support meetings, these methods of improving and developing coping mechanisms should be explored.

In general, the approach to the treatment of blepharospasm varies with its severity.

Mild Eye Twitching [that's me]
Will usually go away on its own
Cut down on stress
Rest up

Severe Eye Twitching
Medication (different depending on situation) usually to relax muscles
Botox injections
Surgery only for the severest of cases that hamper vision

Eye Twitch - Preventive Measures
Stress management - keep stress under control
Get plenty of sleep to keep eye muscles rested
When in vision intensive scenarios such as computer work, take frequent breaks to give the eyes a break
I wonder if I could take a week off of work for that....

No comments