Happy Sensations

I dream of a happy place Because I am happy I stare off in the sky's blues I look into the stars of the night I bask in the light ...

Insomnia Pt. 2

He is standing over her bed. She can't see him.  Her back is facing him.  She can hear him...she can imagine what he looks like.  She doesn't know what he is saying...

"He's not really there," is all she can think.

"He is not really there because I am dreaming.  He can't really be there because I am alone in this room."

She dares not to move from fear.  She can still hear him talking.  He is talking to her.  He is saying something, but she can't understand.
Her brain is going a mile a minute, as though there is a hamster running circles on caffeine...

"He is not there.  I am imagining the whole thing.  I know he is not there.  I know he is NOT THERE."

But he is.  He must be.  How else could she hear his voice?  If she turned around right now, he would be standing there over her bed looking down at her...and there would be nothing she could do...

"STOP!" The thought screams through her head..."Get a hold of yourself woman...!"

But the anxiety is mounting...higher and higher.  Her rational self knows the truth, but her fears cannot be contained.

She can no longer stand it...the feeling...he is there.  He got in...he is there...

She bolts up and scrambles to the end of her bed.  She faced the mirror, her fears still holding her.  She won't turn around but instead looks up and sees her answer in the reflection of the mirror...

No one is there...

Even as it sinks in, another realization comes to her...

She was never really asleep....she was still in her bed, lying down...

She was never asleep, yet this whole scenario played out in her mind as she lay....her brain so tired, her fears so great in the night that it could not tell fact from fiction...

Her eyes were open and yet...

She sighed.

She looked at the clock.

"Do not let sleep come if this is what I see when I am awake..."

No comments